I've written quite in advance to give people enough time to write posts if they wish to contribute.
To submit a guest post you don't have to have the illness yourself. You could a be a carer or family member or friend affected by the condition, or be a professional that specialises in that area.
Post an be in in writing or video format (videos will be shared here on my blog as well as (with your permission of course) on my YouTube channel which I aim to grow this year). I understand that for some people talking for 5 minutes can be easier than typing, especially if you're using voice-to-text software anyway.
If you wish to contribute fill in the 'Share your story' form or email your story or send any questions to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posts can also be made anonymous if you wish. Profile pictures and relevant images to your story can also be added if you wish. If you're wondering search 'guest posts' in the search box on my blog to see previous guest posts.
If there are any awareness events that I've not head of (medical and non-medical) and you'd like to write/make a video about just get in touch as I'd love to hear from you.
Also, if you'd like to contribute something that doesn't fit into any awareness day/week/month below just fill out the 'Share You Story' form or email me.
Also keep an eye out on my blog's Instagram page, Facebook page and my Twitter for shout out's
I look forward to hearing from you!
(PS: Text in teal are hyperlinks by the way.)
- Raynaud's Awareness Month
- Eating Disorders Awareness Week: 25th February - 3rd March
- Rare Disease Day: 28th February
- Craft month (for anyone that wants to share their creative makes)
- Self-injury Awareness Day: 1st March
- Endometriosis Awareness Week: 4th - 10th March
- International Women's Day: 8th March
- World Sleep Day: 15th March
- Disabled Access Day: 16th March
- UK FND Awareness Day: 25th March
- Purple Day for Epilepsy: 26th March
- IBS Awareness Month
- Autism Awareness Week: 1st - 7th April
- Homeopathy Awareness Week: 10th - 16th April
- Pet Day: April 11th (for anyone that ones to send in a picture of their pet)
- International FND Awareness Day: 13th April
- MS Awareness Week: 22nd - 28th April
- Allergy Awareness Week: 29th April - 3rd May
- HSD/EDS Awareness Month
- M.E./CFS Awareness Month
- May May Purple for Stroke: Stroke Awareness Month
- World Asthma Day: 7th May
- World Lupus Day: 10th May
- Deaf & BSL/SSE Awareness Week: 6th - 12th May
- M.E. Awareness Week: 6th - 12th May
- M.E. Awareness Day: 12th May
- Fibromyalgia Awareness Day: 12th May
- Mental Health Awareness Week: 13th - 19th May
- World Baking Day: 17th May (for any bakers out there, especially your favourite free from recipes)
- PTSD Awareness Month
- Cancer Survivor's Day: 2nd June
- Hug your cat day: June 4th (for any cat owners out there that want to send in a photo)
- World Blood Donor Day: 14th June
- Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Week (date to come)
- Take your Dog to Work Day: 21st June (This would be great if you have an Assistance Dog)