For example when I have a seizure it causes my joints to sublux/dislocate and the exertion flares up my M.E. symptoms as well as exacerbating my pain levels and post-exertion malaise.
Or another example is my gastro issues which are caused by basically all my illnesses except my asthma.
There is also a lot of cross-over with symptoms such as chronic pain and fatigue and cognitive dysfunction. Some symptoms are a constant and then other symptoms are episodic and most of it is very unpredictable from one hour to the next.
I've not written about all my illnesses, such as my asthma but here are my main difficulties and ones I'd like to raise more awareness of.
My main illnesses are:
- M.E. (Myalgic Encephalopathy)
- Hypermobility Spectrum Disorder
- Functional Neurological Disorder
- Dysautonomia & POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tacycardia Syndrome)
- IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Mental Health